Monday, February 21, 2011

New home, new stats!

Well, I can't find my camera to upload the pictures, but I will on another post.
The worms arrived at the Hall's house on Friday afternoon. I was feeling gloomy so the lights were off in the house, and the worms LOVED it! These worms are a big fan of the dark. The past two nights I have gotten up and walked by to see them crawling all over the place. I make it sound like there are a million of them... but not. I probably only see 10 at any given time. When the lights are on, they all manage to disappear under a potato, the paper towel, or under the oats. So observation #1- worms like dark. Observation #2- worms prefer apples over potatoes. The apples in the habitat were yucky and dried up so I removed all the shriveled pieces and replaced them with freshly chopped hunks of potato. I do not see the worms crawling all over the potato pieces as much as they did the apple. Observation #3- they do not like men. haha. just kidding! but really, my husband Austin was gone Friday until today (Monday) and this whole weekend they were pretty out and about, and the minute he walked in the door, I haven't seen too many worms crawling around. Maybe it's another special worm phase? I dunno, I need to do a little more research. I am a little worried about the little worms. We started with 100... and i don't see 100 at all... hmmm... anyways! Observation #4- worms are light to dark brown, with visable little lines going across them. They have an end, assuming its the head, that leads the crawling and likes to move side to side when its up on top of the paper towel or the potato. Hope these observations are insightful!? I am doing my best to keep these wormies alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment